Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Shift Dresses

Overview

Good Afternoon everyone! I love, love, love shift dresses, also called A-line dresses. They are simple and can be dressed up or down, depending on your event. You can wear them to a cook out, on a date, or to brunch with friends. The possibilities are endless. Today I am going to feature some companies who make these wonderful shift dresses. And in a later post I will be trying on some outfits that I have.

Lully Pulitzer


This company's background is in the resort/prep style clothing in the Palm Beach area of Florida.  Lilly Pulitzer, was an American socialite and fashion designer. She founded Lilly Pulitzer, Inc., which produces clothing and other such wares featuring bright, colorful, floral prints. The brand is popular with high society, she was called the "Queen of Prep."  On an average these dresses and outfits can range from $70-300. Just try to catch the sale. That's what I did! lol. Everything is bright and vibrant, clothes are true to size and they have these cute yearly planners with stickers to help plan your year.

I purchased the dress below, which is called the Janice Shift Dress in Scuba to Cuba. Very playful and colorful dress

Lilly Pulitzer Janice Shift Dress in Scuba to Cuba

A couple of the other dresses that I will keep an eye out for when they hit the sale rack are the 
Pop Pink Knit Crochet

ASTRID KNIT CROCHET LACE SHIFT DRESS

$248


Resort White

ALEXA HIGH COLLAR SHIFT DRESS

$188
Happy shopping everyone!


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love shift dresses! Back in my day, they were very popular. In fact, I made a bright orange one in my Home Economics class in elementary school. Hint: they're very easy to make so if you're looking for a unique look and you're on a budget, dust off that sewing machine and whip up a shift dress for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you response! I will try to make a shift dress soon. That will be my be my next project!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete